ADMISSIONS OF CANDIDATES TO GRADUATE PROGRAMMES
2018/2019 ACADEMIC YEAR
Application forms for admission to graduate programmes in the Graduate School of the University for Development Studies (UDS) will be available online at www.uds.edu.gh from January 15, 2018 to May 31, 2018 for first and second degree holders from recognised Universities/institutions.
The following graduate programmes (Sandwich and Regular) would be offered by the University for the 2018/2019academic year:
1. School of Business and Law (SBL)
(Note that Admissions would be made for Tamale, Wa and Techiman Centres for all the SBL programmes)
- Master of Commerce (Options: Banking and Finance, Accounting, Procurement and Supply Chain Management, and Human Resources Management )
- M.Sc. in Accounting
- MA in Management Studies
- MA in Leadership and Development
- MA in Business Planning and Microfinance Management
Students wishing to pursue thesis-based programmes in MSc. in Accounting and Master of Commerce are required to submit a short research proposal on the relevant field of study
2. Faculty of Integrated Development Studies
- M.Phil.in Development Studies
- MA in Social Administration
- MA in Environment and Resource Management
- MA in Development Economics
- MA in Peace and Development Studies
- MA in Development Communication
3. Faculty of Planning and Land Management
- M.Sc. in Development Management
- M.Sc. in Strategic Planning and Management
- MA in Community Development
Faculty of Planning and Land Management
- MPhil. in Development Management
Faculty of Integrated Development Studies
- M.Phil. in Development Studies
- M.Phil./Ph.D. in Social Administration
- M.Phil. in Environment and Resource Management
All applicants to our full-time and sandwich graduate programmes are required to pass a selection interview to be conducted by the relevant Department of the University.
Applicants applying for research related programmes (M.Sc. by research/M.Phil./MPH/Ph.D), should include a short research proposal.
The minimum requirements for admission are:
1. For PG.D./M.A./M.Sc./M.Phil . programmes:
Applicants must possess a good Bachelor’s degree in a related field from any approved / recognized University or Institution.
Applicants with aSecond Class (Lower division)are eligible to apply. Candidates with Third Class or Pass are strongly advised not to apply.
2. For PhD programmes:
An MPhil./MSc. Degree by research from any approved/recognized University or Institution.
All Ghanaian and foreign applicants for the 2018/2019 academic year admissions are required to use the UDS online application portal. The procedure for the online application process is as follows:
i. Make a payment of GHS 200.00 (Two Hundred Ghana Cedis) in the case of Ghanaian applicants, and USD 150.00 (One Hundred and fifty United States Dollars), for Foreign applicants, for the UDS E-Voucher at any Zenith Bank, Agricultural Development Bank (ADB), and Ecobank branches throughout the country.
ii. The E-Voucher contains the Pin, and Serial Number required in completing the online form.
iii. Access the online form by visiting our online admissions portal soon after payment.
iv. In completing the online form, students will be required to upload their passport size photographs and certificates
v. A completed form is not considered until it is SUBMITTED
vi. Applicants are advised to check thoroughly all details entered before finally submitting their online applications. A form, once submitted, can only be viewed, but cannot be edited.
vii. Applicants must print out three copies of the application summary; attach results slips , certificates and all other relevant documents to each form. Three reference letters are also required (at least, two of the referees should be familiar with applicants’ academic work).
viii. Candidates are strongly advised to visit any EMS Office in the Country for assistance towards the return of the application documents (see vii). Applicants are advised not to post the forms themselves. They should seek the advice and services of Ghana Post EMS.
ix. The application documents as specified in (vii) above should be addressed to: